I have been challenged by Lyn at http://www.onmybicycle.blogspot.com
to list 20 random facts about myself....so, I've been pondering this challenge, and don't know if I can come up with 20 interesting facts, but here goes nothing:
1. I have a music degree and a master's in biblical counseling, and my career has absolutely nothing to do with either.
2. My all-time favorite soda is the original Coke. As a child, I loved it so much, I'd drink it hot, right from the bottle. I used to tell anyone who questioned drinking it hot, "I like it hot!"
3. I've had 2 dogs in the past 16 years...both a mix of cocker spaniel and pomeranian, both named Amy. Amy #1 was white. Amy #2 is black.
4. My favorite drinks at Starbucks are: Cold Weather = Grande No-Foam Breve' Latte; Hot Weather = Grande Iced Latte w/one pump mocha (does that count as 1 or 2 facts??)
5. I play piano, organ and guitar, and my primary instrument for my music degree was voice.
6. I spent the summer of 1980 in Penticton, British Columbia as a summer missionary.
7. While growing up I lived Georgia, California 3 different times, Minnesota, Maryland, and Texas 2 different times.
8. I LOVE sports, and if I had been born after Title IX, am pretty sure I would have pursued a career in some aspect of sports.
9. While in college, my roommate and dorm buddies stole all of the shower curtains from all of the girls' bathrooms one early
morning during Finals Week. We were never
10. My first summer job was as a lifeguard at the local Holiday Inn.
11. I graduated high school when I was 16.
12. My favorite vacation of all time was a Caribbean cruise on Commodore Cruise Line in 1986.
13. One of my favorite spiritual authors is Henri Nouwen, a Catholic priest who spent the last years of his life serving as a chaplain/priest for the residents of a home for the profoundly disabled.
14. My fondest childhood memories are of summers spent at my grandparents house in Iuka, MS.
15. I named this blog in part because of my memories rocking on the porch of my grandparents farmhouse.
16. I learned to drive a truck and a tractor in the cow pastures on my grandparents farm.
17. While traveling on business last fall, I routinely showed up at the local Presidential campaign headquarters to do volunteer work.
18. I love to stay up late at night and then sleep in the next day.
19. My favorite thing to do on a rainy day is read a book.
20. My dream car is a BMW 740i.
That was tougher than I thought it would be!!